Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
Overview: Europe, Product, Full time, Hybrid
Dialectica– career partner of PLG Disrupt Summit 2021 – is looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. If you also have a business acumen and problem-solving aptitude, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will enhance our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions.
About the Company
Founded in 2015, Dialectica is one of the fastest growing knowledge sharing businesses, currently employing 250+ professionals in London, Athens, and Montreal.
At Dialectica, we are on a mission to achieve unparalleled customer recognition as the most trusted knowledge sharing platform in the world and to build a truly great organization that attracts and cultivates top talent. Our clients are typically large institutional investors, such as private equity firms and hedge funds, and strategy consultancies. We differentiate by driving research through deep evaluation of client needs and conducting bespoke research in niche markets. We are recognised as the #1 expert calls firm for quality and this focus has enabled us to achieve rapid growth in the five years since our founding.
Our Technology team designs and engineers complex proprietary software that automates and optimizes the delivery of our market leading services. Clients are typically large institutional investors such as private equity firms, hedge funds, and strategy consultancies. They turn to us to support their strategic decision making by connecting them with industry experts with extensive knowledge and experience of industries or markets of interest.
- Work with Product to translate business needs to technical specifications
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau)
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct ad hoc analyses
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and update technical documentation
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in data modeling, ETL, data warehousing, and creation of reports that combine data from multiple sources using Tableau, Redshft or other technologies
- Advanced skills in data visualization with Tableau
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Excellent command of SQL
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Competitive compensation
- An environment where the developer will have freedom, space, amenities to perform their craft elegantly solving well specified problems
- Top caliber talented colleagues at all divisions of the company
- Modern spacious offices at the center of Athens with a jaw dropping view
- Company sponsored team-bonding events
- Weekly health and wellness activities (e.g. basketball, football, yoga, running)
- Free snacks and beverages