Senior Front-End ReactJS Engineer
Overview: Europe, Software Engineering, Full time, Hybrid, Intermediate Level, 40-50K Euros Annually
GWI – career partner of PLG Disrupt Summit 2021 – is looking for a Senior Front-End ReactJS Engineer to join their team at GWI. Not just any Senior Front-end ReactJS Engineer though. Someone ambitious and genuine, who works best in the midst of a collaborative and forward-thinking team. That’s because as a GWIer you’ll be immersed in the fast-moving world of data tech. We think big to make an impact, we zero in on what matters, we’re not afraid to be real and we always show respect. Those values are what got us where we are today, and they’re a big part of what we’re looking for in you.
About the job
At GWI we understand that software engineering is a multidisciplinary field that requires a team effort. As such, our focus in building our teams is on finding passionate and hard-working individuals from different backgrounds and areas of expertise, and bringing them together to work on a host of challenging and interesting problems. Our mission as an engineering team in the company is to:
- Build new and exciting platforms for our users
- Improve our services through constant evolution and performance monitoring
- Support other teams and our colleagues through internal tools
- Raise the standards of software development throughout the company
- This means that on a day-to-day basis, our Senior Frontend Engineers might be performing code reviews, delivering new and exciting features in our platforms, motivate and guide the junior members of the team and work with their Team Lead to make sure that everything is delivered on time with the agreed quality.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Work within a multinational team with up to 5 people using a tech stack of React.js and Go
- Work closely with designers to make sure that we deliver the proper UX
- Lead collaboration with other teams to integrate projects into cohesive overall system
- Ideate, brainstorm and implement new application components
- Participate in tech sessions and mentor junior members of the team
- Engaging on the Dev/Ops operations and on the QA of the product
- Making sure the deliverable conforms to the GWI standards by following the best practices in front-end engineering
- Demonstrable commercial experience in coding with React.js and Typescript
- Excellent software development skills using both object and functional-oriented design fundamentals with a strong background in client-facing software applications
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals (data representation, data structures, algorithms) and with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Knowledge and experience with continuous integration and deployment automation concepts
- Good judgment, prompt decision-making ability, responsibility and accountability
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and delivery timelines; Agile development experience (including tools like JIRA, Git etc) is welcome
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
First things first, as a disruptor in the global market research industry, we haven’t come this far without entrepreneurial spirit and a get-up-and-go attitude. So if you think we’ll see that in you, then you’re already halfway there. Here’s the rest of what we’d like you to bring to the table.
- Knowledge of functional programming languages. Experience with Elm is considered a strong plus.
- Basic Dev/Ops knowledge (Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Drone.io etc)
- Experience with NoSQL databases and/or Elastic stack
About the benefits
Great benefits make a big difference. Not just to employees, but to the whole vibe of a business. That’s why when you work for us, you’ll enjoy a full spectrum of generous perks and rewards.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus
- Generous training budget, including a fully paid international conference each year [Only on Engineering, DS, BI roles]
- 25 days holiday and Christmas office closure days on top
- Flexitime and a great work-life balance
- Private health insurance plan
- Mobile phone contract
- Early finishes on Fridays
- A well-stocked fridge and plenty of snacks (some healthy, some not so healthy)
- Commit a working day to charity each year
- Regular social activities, including free online yoga and team outings in line with Covid-19 guidelines
GWI was founded with the knowledge that understanding your audience is really important for business. When you know who you’re speaking to and why, you can create content and campaigns that stand out to the people that matter.
Through our global online survey, we gather data on the behavior and perceptions of consumers across the world. This provides businesses with deep, actionable insights on their audience, revealed from data they trust.
It’s been going well, too. Since launching in 2009, we’ve become one of the UK’s fastest growing target audience companies, consistently renewing over 98% of our client base and doubling in size and revenue year-on-year. Our survey now represents more than 2 billion connected consumers, creating over 40,000 data points for clients including Twitter, Google, Spotify, WPP and Omnicom Group.
We’re not about to stop growing any time soon. As a business, we’re on a mission to re-engineer data-driven marketing, and we’re on the lookout for talented people to join us.
About Diversity and Inclusion
Imagine if our data came from just one kind of person. We’d get a very nuanced view of the world. And we definitely wouldn’t have got off the ground as a business. We’re so lucky to live in a society where differences are celebrated – so we’d expect nothing else from our teams. In fact, the GWI office is as diverse as our global data, and it’s really important to us that it stays that way. That means whatever your race, religion, sexual orientation or gender, this is a place to feel at home, express yourself freely and make your mark.